Here's the "briefing" for Peperami morcels. I have only one question and it regards this part of the "briefing":
"now that I know about Peperami Bites, I can see that they’d be great to have in the fridge waiting for me to steal a few and nibble on while I watch TV."
Kids nibbling hot sausage morcels in front of the telly ? What about kid's health ?
"1.What Is Peperami?
Peperami is a meat snack brand in the UK. So far the product range consists of individually wrapped, hand held pork salamis:
• * 100% high quality pork salami made by the masters of salami in Bavaria.
• * Naturally wood smoked, fermented dried sausage
• * Range of flavours: Original (peppery), BBQ, Hot and Firestick (very hot!)
The product is eaten by school kids and young adults, who take them as a snack at lunchtime or to keep them going between meals. While the product is serious, the brand is anything but. The famous slogan: “Peperami, it’s a bit of an animal” says it all! Above all, Peperami is the meatiest snack you can get your hands on.
2. The Brand Mascot: The Animal
The embodiment of Peperami is the character created for the advertising back in the 1990’s, whom we call The Animal:
• * He’s a masochist, taking great pleasure in being eaten, ripped apart or chopped up.
• * He’s uninhibited, unapologetic and unexpected.
• * His humour is a bit wrong, far from politically correct.
• * He’s a champion of carnivores.
• * He’s a central part of any Peparami campaign.
Learn more about The Animal and see some of his ‘best bits’ by checking out the creative below and visiting the ‘Peparami Meat Retreat’.
3. The Challenge
We’re launching a new type of Peperami snack - Peperami Bites (name to be confirmed) - which are bite sized dried sausages that you keep in the fridge. You can nibble on them when you fancy or share with your friends. There will be 10-15 little sausages in each bag and we’ll have the following flavours available: Original, BBQ and Hot.
We need an advert that will make this new type of Peperami famous and entice people to buy it and try it.
4. Advertising Objectives
• * Make new Peperami Bites famous.
• * Encourage people to try them.
5. Who Is The Target Audience?
Kids looking for something to nibble on with a big taste hit when they come home from school.
What do the target audience think and do now?
Think: “Peperami is a long, thin, spicy sausage I have at school in my lunchbox, I haven’t thought of it in any other way.”
Do: come home peckish and raid the fridge and cupboard for other snacks (crisps, biscuits, chocolates etc.), The kids need to convince Mum that Peparami is a satisfying and convenient snack.
What would we like them to think and do in response to the advertising?
Think: now that I know about Peperami Bites, I can see that they’d be great to have in the fridge waiting for me to steal a few and nibble on while I watch TV.
Do: ask Mum to buy them. Use them as a tasty filler while they wait for the evening meal to be served.
What is most likely to achieve this change?
Attention: a typical Peperami ad that grabs them by the horns and entertains.
Branding: unmistakably Peperami in execution with the “bit of an animal” theme.
Communication: New Peperami Bites - try them!
Reasons to believe
• * It’s Peperami, the brand you know and admire.
• * It’s a bit of an animal: a substantial chew and a taste with real bite.
• * It’s the perfect meat snack: easy, tasty and filling.
6. List The Practical Considerations For Execution
• * Your Ideas must include ‘The Animal’ to promote the launch of Peparami Bites.
• * Your Ideas must include at least one concept executed through a television ad and/ or a print ad.
• * You may submit Ideas for any medium (digital, event, ambient etc) over and above a print and/or TV execution.
Guidelines for successful submissions:
‘Campaignable’ Ideas that can work across multiple mediums will be given preference. To this end please try to demonstrate how your Idea is campaignable
A TV concept must include a script for a 30 second ad. Below is a template and examples of scripts and storyboards from past campaigns that you can use as guidance.
TV Script Template Peperami 'BBQ' Storyboard Peperami 'Wimp' Storyboard Peperami 'BBQ Script Peperami 'Wimp' Script
A Print concept must include a mock up of the visual execution.
The better you explain your Idea the easier it is for us to understand and buy. So please use visuals, video and any other interesting stimulus you can to bring your Ideas to life. Finally, remember you don't have to be an artist or a professional to show off your Idea - just explain it to us as best you can. Rubbish drawings are fine and will make us laugh.
7. An Important Note On The Bounty:
For this brief the Bounty of $10,000 can be awarded as follows: Full $10,000 rewarded to a single campaign concept that demonstrates a winning TV and Print Idea OR $5000 to the winning TV concept and $5000 to the winning Print concept. Optional $5000 for unexpected brilliance."